Boulder County, the Long-Term Flood Recovery Group and United Policyholders host this free workshop
Residents whose homes were damaged or destroyed in the 2013 Flood are encouraged to attend the Roadmap to Recovery™ Workshop on Feb. 4. Attendees will hear from a United Policyholders staff member and a flood damage expert on insurance matters.
The workshop will help residents navigate insurance claims and learn how to be prepared for any future natural disaster:
• Tuesday, Feb 4, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Boulder County Courthouse, 1325 Pearl St., Commissioners’ Hearing Room, 3rd Floor
The workshops will cover several topics and residents will have the opportunity to ask questions, including:
1. Has your property been thoroughly and properly inspected?
2. Have you recovered all amounts owed? Flood insurance? Homeowners insurance?
3. Do you need to file a supplemental claim, and if so, how?
4. Is your flood damage paperwork in order?
Often, the cost to rebuild, especially in the mountains, exceeds the amount of coverage policyholders carry for their homes and other property. Adding to this problem is the homeowner’s lack of awareness that the policies they carry are inadequate.
For more information about the workshop, contact Katie Arrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-441-1609.